Saturday, September 12, 2009

Convocation @ Alliance...

Last week we had a memorable convocation ceremony .Governor of Karnataka, Mr. H R Bhardwaj, Minister of Higher Education for the State of Karnataka and Mr. Ganesh Aiyyar, MD, Caterpillar witnessed our convocation. It was memorable for many reasons.
Now we all were Post-graduates. Two years of PGPM in Alliance Business School were finally over. Convocation was an official ceremony to announce that now we all were MBAs. Also, presence of such high profile Chief Guests and getting certificates through them, made the ceremony glittering. Moreover for the first time, we got the chance to wear robes and hoods for the ceremony.


But, I guess more importantly, for all of us, it was an opportunity to re-unite and remember our golden days of post-grads. We all had so much too share. Our lives after college, our short stints in corporate culture, our economic independence, our experiences and what not! Too much to share in just a day!

We all were feeling nostalgic on visiting our campus, and meeting our dearest friends. Felt like revisiting those memories again, spent with friends in college. I was missing those never ending lunches and dinners at the food-court, our one-night stand exam preparations and those butterflies in stomach before interviews. I was missing the unconditional support of my friends, the laughs and tears we shared. I was missing those times when we fought with each other, times when we were united against the administration on some or other issues. Was missing those projects we did together, those competitive rivalries, and the festivals we celebrated together.

Moment I was back home after the event, I realized, that all those good days are now over. I wish I could have brought them back. Few came to be a part of convocation; few weren’t able to make it. Yes we were able to meet few our old friends, but frankly, we still weren’t able to spend quality time. Thus I am waiting for many more reasons to meet my old good friends.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I guess you have put all our thoughts into this article. I am sure a lot of us would like to go back to the campus and make the time worthwhile by just lazing around together and doing nothing constructive.

About Me said...

If to be constructive means studying, reading or doing intelligent discussions... then yes my post doesn't talk about that.
This post is about my emotional connect with the college and my friends.
Alliance and Recession may have not helped me in earnings lots of money, but surely i earned... Good Friends!
I now I yearn for them.